Monday, February 26, 2018

Bathroom and Basement Remodel 2017-2018

I tore out our half-bath summer of 2017 to kick off a long planned re-model. It sat for a while until late fall when I put in some insulation. Now on winter break, I've made some significant progress with the help of my father-in-law.

BATHROOM IN MOSTLY ORIGINAL STATE








Old shelving, toilet and sink, cabinet all torn out.




The bathroom has generally been very cold, so I wanted to insulate the exterior wall. 









I also wanted to get rid of the track electric on the wall and put the main light back into the ceiling. I started opening some holes to figure out what was going on with the electric....and suddenly the whole ceiling was torn out. Perfect chance to insulate though, in the place that matters most! My brother Aijalon helped out during these steps. He also did a nice job of cutting some inside trim for the window.
























Also this winter, Laura suddenly warmed up to the idea of "re-finishing" the basement to make it into a playroom. Since we were lining up some professional help to work on the bathroom electric, we had Gladfelter put in new lights in the basement as well. The transition is going to be pretty pretty dramatic actually. So glad we are making this space usable.


Bye bye vintage floral and Winnie the Pooh!

The addition of new recessed LED lighting made a drastic difference,
and we were just getting started!





























Reading nook! (Our favorite part)



















No comments:

Post a Comment